Are you passionate about cultivating client relationships? Do you thrive in the developing business opportunities and closing revenue deals with companies in healthcare analytics, precision medicine, and pharmaceutical trial studies and R&D? Are you an expert in structuring mid-to-large deals (6-7 figure USD) with tech licensing (XaaS) and with long cycle times? Are you organized and thoughtful? Are you someone who likes to pioneer and evangelize and create order out of chaos?
Would you be excited about joining a data science start-up engaging in state-of-the art technologies, research and analysis? Are you looking for an ambitious new organization to test and grow your skills?
Data Cubed (Data³) is a biotech and precision medicine start-up, founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT. We are at the intersection of scientific curiosities and powerful new technologies and turning them toward understanding the very roots of humanity and our behaviors. We are a technology-driven company providing 'deep phenotyping' platforms and applying large-scale machine-learning to make novel discoveries empowering healthcare companies to deliver on the promise of precision medicine, behavioral nudging and advancing data-driven clinical/research trials. We are launching our B2B Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that will advance clinical trials and pharma R&D to better understand what makes us human, by providing data collection, analytics and insights.
Data³ is seeking a Director of Business Development to engage the pharmaceutical industry leaders, to build awareness, and to lead efforts to secure licensing contracts. This is a senior role within Data³ revenue/marketing division. Duties include duties and responsibilities that are typically associated with such positions as further summarized below:
• Build and maintain strong relationships with senior executives within an R&D function of biopharma companies responsible for bioinformatics and/or data sciences
• Drive the deal process from initial prospecting, pipeline development, use-case discussions, technical review, proposal creation, contract drafting, negotiation, and implementation & post-sales satisfaction
• Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Data3 revenue and customer growth
• Work with Data3 C-level executives to evaluate new initiatives, opportunities and deals for strategic alignment
• Research trade shows and conferences
• Plan and organize industry events
• Represent Data3 as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events
Content Creation and Collateral:
• Design script and visual content to support marketing and sales activities
• Build collateral: print (brochures and data sheets), video (web and presentation)
• Develop strong relationships across the Data3 organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years work experience
• Strong network of relevant industry contacts plus 2 or more years successful track record working with executives within the R&D function of biopharma companies responsible for bioinformatics and/or data sciences
• Strong portfolio of previous professional work with clear understanding of your role and contributions on each project • PaaS (or similar “as-a-Service”) experience
• Relevant business development and/or large-scale deal-making experience
• Relentlessly strong interpersonal skills; especially, self-confidence, critical thinking and problem solving, time management, and an ability persevere through deal cycles & ongoing relationship & trust building
• Creativity to brainstorm & discuss new use-cases for data in any industry vertical
• Excellent English writing, speaking & presentation skills
• Bachelor’s degree specifically in business management, finance, marketing, biology, chemistry or related field
• Familiarity with mobile apps, Internet of Things (IoT) and/or consumer electronics
• Familiarity with consulting and/or data analysis services
• Familiarity with CRM solutions
Compensation (salary and incentive stock options) will be commensurate with experience and some of our benefits include medical, dental and vision. Note: Sponsorship and/or relocation is not offered for this position.
Please e-mail a CV/Resume, a cover letter, and contact information for 1-3 references through this job posting. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Director New Business Creation for D3.